Thursday, April 7, 2011

Man Repellant

I've never been what one might call "striking".  Yes, I had my Gremlin stage like most adolescents.  But now I would rate myself as a strong 7.  Not really a looker, but not a troll either.  So imagine my surprise this weekend while away at a conference when not one but two completely unknown men tried to chat me up.  I am happy to report that in unwanted situations such as these, merely uttering the statement "I am a (female) biochemistry professor" is sufficient to repel such vermin.

3 comments:

  1. So, several points:

    1) I was heavily into 'Mad Men' when I was in your class, and you totally reminded me of Joan: http://l.yimg.com/l/tv/us/img/site/79/88/0000057988_20090609173813.jpg Take it from a sassy gay friend, a '7' is a shameful injustice to you!

    2) Sleazy men are, well, sleazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with GossipGuy on this, a 7 my ass. You're smokin' and you get more so each year. Now get your hot self back down to Tucson for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @GossipGuy Funny you should post that photo. We are just now watching 'Mad Men' via Netflix. Tonight was the night Joan was wearing this sassy little outfit. Oh how I adore the fashion of that time period!

    ReplyDelete